New Braunfels, TX
Assists in the management of the restaurant operations for a specific NEWK’s location. They are responsible for achieving planned sales and budgeted profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and upholding of all NEWK’s policies, procedures, programs, and operational excellence performance standards.
Reports To: General Manager
Direct Reports: Assists in the Management of Hourly Partners
As a member of the management team, the Associate Manager assists in providing direction and motivation to the hourly partners, ensuring execution of all positions, chores and responsibilities in order to provide our guests with an exceptional NEWK’s Experience and exceptional product quality. This position also helps to protect the brand by maintaining a sanitary, safe, respectful, efficient and quality work environment while effectively managing operational/product costs.
Role-models behaviors that align with the NEWK’s Beliefs and Philosophy for Service:
Associate managers treat all people with courtesy and respect. They are reliable, independent thinkers and good decision-makers. They create a culture of empowerment and fun in caring for our guests while ensuring profitability and operational excellence are maintained. The Associate Manager values training and adheres to the NEWK’s training systems.
Knowledge & Skill Required
- Excellent communications, supervisory, and guest service skills
- Computer literacy; comfortable with Microsoft Office Software
- Some college preferred.
- Some restaurant managerial experience preferred
- Internal candidates considered for promotion to manager may substitute Certified Trainer and Shift Lead experience for management experience.
- Extensive standing without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, smoke and cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately six feet and depths of approximately three ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided for periods of up to eight hours or longer as needed.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times; bending, reaching and walking.
- Effective communication with guests.
- Carrying trays of food products weighing approximately 20 lbs for distances of up to 60 ft.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.